Monday, April 1, 2013

An O Scale Mid-Century Contemporary Chair from Sculpey

This little project was only my second using Sculpey. I think I used it once before to make a fire hydrant. So I'm by no means a Sculpey wiz.

I used original Sculpey. I would have liked it to be a little less soft so it would hold its shape better while I worked with it, but it worked out fine.


The build video is below, along with a pic showing the dimensions of the pieces. The dimensions aren't critical -- close will do.

Incidentally, I showed the chairs to a real Sculpey wiz. She approved, and said that if she were making them, she would have taken them a step further and rolled the pieces out on a tight-weave fabric to emboss a fabric texture in them. Since I plan to put these inside a model structure, and they'll only be seen through a window, I chose not to do anything so elaborate -- although that would be a cool detail.






No comments:

Post a Comment